2019 Briggs & Stratton 12 kW1 Fortress Standby Generator System (040546)
Call for Price
Briggs & Stratton
12 kW1 Fortress Standby Generator System (040546)
With its sleek, compact profile, the 12kW1 Home Standby Generator adds new dimension to “Powering More for Less."
- Symphony II®: Thanks to Symphony® II Power Management System, a smaller home generator system by Briggs & Stratton can meet all your needs and save you money in the process.
- 6 Year Parts, Labor & Travel Limited Warranty: The longest warranty in the industry. Our most comprehensive 6 year parts, labor & travel limited warranty.
- Now 60% Quieter*: Powered by our high-quality Vanguard engine, improved muffler design and re-engineered alternator intake ducting, the new 12kW is 60% quieter than our old 12kW.
- Streamlined, Space-Saving Design: With the streamlined, compact design, the new 12kW is 50% smaller than our previous 12kW generator.
- Durable Enclosure: Designed to weather the elements, the system's enclosure is made from automotive-grade Galvanneal steel to resist rust. Its advanced powder coat paint process results in years of protection against chips and abrasions.
- Flexible Placement3: Have a tight lot line? Worried about your curb appeal? Install your generator as close as 18" from your home. Our generators are in compliance with the stringent National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard.
- Superior Customer Support: Shopping for the right standby generator for your home can be confusing, but Briggs & Stratton will be with you every step of the way. Complete our web form below or visit the Customer Support portal to get your questions answered.
- Financing Solution: We have partnered with Synchrony to provide financing solutions that fit your needs. Special financing* is available on qualified Briggs & Stratton Standby Generators on the Briggs & Stratton Standby Power Credit Card.*Subject to credit approval Minimum monthly payments required.
- Model Number: 040546
- Running Watts (NG)*: 11,000
- Engine Series: Vanguard™
- Operation: Fully Automatic
- Running Amps (LP): 50
- Alternator Type: Computer Friendly
- NG Fuel Consumption**: 50% Load 116.9 ft3 /hr
- Battery/Battery Charger: Yes
- Diagnostic Alerts with Remote System Status: Low Oil Shutdown, Engine Does Not Start, Low Frequency, Engine Overspeed, Low Voltage, Low Battery Voltage, Oil Temp High, Transfer Switch Fault
- Width (in): 26
- Weight (lbs): 318
- Running Watts (LP)*: 12,000
- Engine Brand: Briggs & Stratton
- Engine Displacement (cc): 627
- Voltage (V): 120/240V AC, Single Phase, 1.0 pf
- Running Amps (NG): 45.8
- LP Fuel Consumption**: 50% Load = 1.7 gal/hr
- Weekly Exerciser: Yes
- Overcrank Protection: Yes
- Length (in): 28
- Height (in): 37.2
- Warranty (Product)***: 6 Year Parts, Labor & Travel Limited Warranty
NOTES:*Based on no-load sound power. Not for Prime Power or use where standby systems are legally required, for serious life safety or health hazards, or where lack of power, hampers rescue of fire-fighting operations.This generator is rated in accordance with UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 2200 (stationary engine generator assemblies) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) standard C22.2 No. 100-04 (motors and generators)3Installations must strictly comply with all applicable codes, industry standards, laws, regulations and provided installation manual. Running engines give off carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas so it is important to keep exhaust gas away from any windows, doors, ventilation intakes or crawl spaces. The installation manual contains specific instructions related to generator placement in addition to NFPA 37, including the requirement that Carbon monoxide detectors be installed and maintained in your home. *NG = Natural Gas; LP = Liquid Propane. **Fuel consumption rates are estimated based on normal operating conditions at 1/2 load. Generator operation may be greatly affected by elevation and the cycling operation of multiple electrical appliances - fuel flow rates may vary depending on these factors. ***See Operator's Manual for complete warranty details
- Engine Type
- 627 cc
- 28 in.
- 26 in.
- 37.2 in.
- 318 lb.
- AC Output
- 12,000W (LP)